Catching Up
Wow... Once again months go by that this blog doesn't see an update, eh? The automatic assumption would be tow things; That either my life has been so hectic and busy that I haven't had the time to write in here, or my life is so pointless and boring that there is absolutely nothing to write about. Take a guess at which answer is right. XD
Actually, I guess it was somewhere in between; That I went through really busy, and time consuming periods, and then really slow and seemingly endless periods of time. And now, since class let out early due to parent/teacher interviews, I figured now was as good of time as any to catch everything up.
Hmmm... The last time I wrote was right after Anime North, right? ...What's happened since then? I don't even remember right now. XD Well, after May came June... Then we got out of school (Which I actually passed all of my classes!), I turned 17, and oh yeah! I went back to Windsor for July and part of August!
Windsor was actually quite peaceful this time around. No major fights between me and anyone. Then again, that may have partially been because of the fact that my dad and Lynn weren't talking to eachother. Another very pointless arguement gone out of control. However, after I was there a couple of weeks, I did manage to nag my dad into calling Lynn. That way, if they worked things out, I would be able to see the boys. ^^
Thankfully, the two of them did work out their problems, and got back together again. I was able to see the boys, and catch up on everything that I had missed in my absence since March Break. Not a whole lot had changed; the boys were still weird, random, otakus. The only difference was the Matt had a girlfriend. His first one. Awwww, eh? XD They're still together now, rather surprisingly.
Things were pretty fun throughout the month. I got the chance to hang out with Sarah quite a bit, which was just awesome. I got to meet her little hubby finally, too. He seems pretty decent. It's really fun to mock him about Sarah having him whipped. Even though he doesn't like that too much... Or, as we found out, mine and Sarah's singing. XD
When I wasn't hanging out with the boys or Sarah, I was either lazing around my dad's and enjoying the American channels that we don't get out here, or randomly busing places. Namely the malls. It was just so nice and comforting to be in places that I recognized, and knew so well. I'd really missed that. The malls were always like safe havens I could go when I wanted to get out of the house, whether I had any money to spend there or not.
Then, at the end of July, July 30, began Windsor Pride Week 2006. Something I had been dying to go to. I even looked at the site before I left for Windsor in June, and printed off the schedule of events. XD And I'm glad I did. It turned out to be alot of fun! Especially because my dad totally hated the fact that I was going. And I still don't know why really, either.
Well, actually, I sort of do. It's all because that he thinks that if I went, that means automatically that I'm a lesbian. And honestly, so what if I am? What does my possible sexual orientation have to do with anyting important? I'm so sick of people asking about it, and putting so much importance on it. And because they seem to think it's like the end of the world or something if they find out that I'm a lesbian, I don't even give anyone an answer anymore. I just leave them with a "not saying" and let them worry all they want.
Anyway, back to the randomness and events of Windsorn Pride 2006. The first thing I actually went to was the 'Saturday Night Summer Sizzle'. Something I left my rather akward Bury birthday party to attend. It turned out to be quite a bit of fun! There was a ton of live entertainment; Beautiful drag queens and drag kings performing. They were all so proud of themsleves too. Not ashamed one bit for who they were. It was really admirable, and in turn, gave the whole Charles Clarke Square an aire of pride. The one performer I'll never forget; Sofonda Cox. XD I ended up hanging out there until around 11, before I headed back, not wanting to miss the last bus back to my dad's.
When I got back, I called Matt, to see if he still wanted to go to the parade the next morning. He wanted to, but he wasn't allowed. So the two of us devised a plan, saying that we were just going to go to Devonshire for a while, and everything seemed to be in order. That is, until Matt called back, saying that the parents remembered that the parade was the next day, and said Matt couldn't go anymore. Just in case we were planning on going to that oh-so-forbidden parade. And why, you may ask. Because if anyone saw Matt, they might think he was gay. Pathetic, eh? If Matt himself didn't care what people thought enough to go, than why should they care?
Anyway, not wanting to let the parents' closed-mindedness ruin what was supposed to be a fun and proud weekend, I went to the parade alone. It was nice. They closed a lane on Ouelette. (Only one lane... Traffic was still going byu in the other one. >_<) It was fairly big, considering it was a pride parade. I don't think I've ever seen so many pride flags in one place before. XD
I went back to the Square after the parade, where the festival was going on, to celebrate the last day of pride week until next year. Once again, there was alot more entertainment. Some of the same awesome drag queens performing, and also some new ones. Including, the ever-awesome, and ever-hilarious, B-Girlz! They were so energetic, and even included random watchers into the randomness. I ended up buying their DVD, and they autographed it for me. ^^
There was also a very, very talented lesbian singer from I think Hamilton. I don't remember her name though. I wish I would have had more money, 'cause I would have bought her CD. Most of her songs were really serious and touching, but she did have a totally random one, as well. It was about a random cat getting wet, and hot, and everything. "Hot pussy." or "Wet pussy." It was hilarious!
Aside from them, there was a very talented men's choir, and a very skilled bike stunt guy. He did some really amazing things, like standing on his handle bars while the bike was still moving. His father was gay, so it fit very well into the whole theme of the week!
Hehe, it was kinda funny. Once the day got started, nothing was going to stop it. In the middle of the afternoon, and the events, the gray clouds that had been looming overhead for the better portion of the day finally gave way, and it began to rain. Even a little thunder rumbled. So, how was that taken care of? Random guys decided to take their shirts off, and dance on stage until the rain had calmed down enough to bring out the next performer.
Throughout the course of the weekend, I took a camera and a half worth of pictures of everything that happened. Including seeing the pride flag hung proudly up infront of City Hall, next to the Canadian one. Also the random banner that hung downtown saying "Together We're Proud." The pictures did turn out pretty well, if I did say so myself.
Of course, and what's any kind of festival without some kind of souvenir? Well, since I still didn't manage to make myself broke, and spend all the money I got at the Bury party, I had to buy some random stuff. I bought a mini pride flag, a button-pin that says "Got Pride?", and a really nice necklace. It's a long chain, with a hollow heart on it, and a rainbow if rings going across it. I also picked up a pride flag for the boys, since Dustin told me he wanted something from it. It's displayed quite proudly in his room right now. Thus showing that one doesn't have to be gay to be proud, and have support for the GBLTQ community.
I headed back to Oshawa a couple days after Pride Week finished, to enjoying the random boredem that came with the rest of the summer, before school came upon us again to confine us like prisoners that we were for those four years. A little, dramatic? Possibly, but that's how it felt. ^_^;;
Anyway, I have to go for now!
Quote of the Moment: "Pride is not being afraid of who you are." --???
Actually, I guess it was somewhere in between; That I went through really busy, and time consuming periods, and then really slow and seemingly endless periods of time. And now, since class let out early due to parent/teacher interviews, I figured now was as good of time as any to catch everything up.
Hmmm... The last time I wrote was right after Anime North, right? ...What's happened since then? I don't even remember right now. XD Well, after May came June... Then we got out of school (Which I actually passed all of my classes!), I turned 17, and oh yeah! I went back to Windsor for July and part of August!
Windsor was actually quite peaceful this time around. No major fights between me and anyone. Then again, that may have partially been because of the fact that my dad and Lynn weren't talking to eachother. Another very pointless arguement gone out of control. However, after I was there a couple of weeks, I did manage to nag my dad into calling Lynn. That way, if they worked things out, I would be able to see the boys. ^^
Thankfully, the two of them did work out their problems, and got back together again. I was able to see the boys, and catch up on everything that I had missed in my absence since March Break. Not a whole lot had changed; the boys were still weird, random, otakus. The only difference was the Matt had a girlfriend. His first one. Awwww, eh? XD They're still together now, rather surprisingly.
Things were pretty fun throughout the month. I got the chance to hang out with Sarah quite a bit, which was just awesome. I got to meet her little hubby finally, too. He seems pretty decent. It's really fun to mock him about Sarah having him whipped. Even though he doesn't like that too much... Or, as we found out, mine and Sarah's singing. XD
When I wasn't hanging out with the boys or Sarah, I was either lazing around my dad's and enjoying the American channels that we don't get out here, or randomly busing places. Namely the malls. It was just so nice and comforting to be in places that I recognized, and knew so well. I'd really missed that. The malls were always like safe havens I could go when I wanted to get out of the house, whether I had any money to spend there or not.
Then, at the end of July, July 30, began Windsor Pride Week 2006. Something I had been dying to go to. I even looked at the site before I left for Windsor in June, and printed off the schedule of events. XD And I'm glad I did. It turned out to be alot of fun! Especially because my dad totally hated the fact that I was going. And I still don't know why really, either.
Well, actually, I sort of do. It's all because that he thinks that if I went, that means automatically that I'm a lesbian. And honestly, so what if I am? What does my possible sexual orientation have to do with anyting important? I'm so sick of people asking about it, and putting so much importance on it. And because they seem to think it's like the end of the world or something if they find out that I'm a lesbian, I don't even give anyone an answer anymore. I just leave them with a "not saying" and let them worry all they want.
Anyway, back to the randomness and events of Windsorn Pride 2006. The first thing I actually went to was the 'Saturday Night Summer Sizzle'. Something I left my rather akward Bury birthday party to attend. It turned out to be quite a bit of fun! There was a ton of live entertainment; Beautiful drag queens and drag kings performing. They were all so proud of themsleves too. Not ashamed one bit for who they were. It was really admirable, and in turn, gave the whole Charles Clarke Square an aire of pride. The one performer I'll never forget; Sofonda Cox. XD I ended up hanging out there until around 11, before I headed back, not wanting to miss the last bus back to my dad's.
When I got back, I called Matt, to see if he still wanted to go to the parade the next morning. He wanted to, but he wasn't allowed. So the two of us devised a plan, saying that we were just going to go to Devonshire for a while, and everything seemed to be in order. That is, until Matt called back, saying that the parents remembered that the parade was the next day, and said Matt couldn't go anymore. Just in case we were planning on going to that oh-so-forbidden parade. And why, you may ask. Because if anyone saw Matt, they might think he was gay. Pathetic, eh? If Matt himself didn't care what people thought enough to go, than why should they care?
Anyway, not wanting to let the parents' closed-mindedness ruin what was supposed to be a fun and proud weekend, I went to the parade alone. It was nice. They closed a lane on Ouelette. (Only one lane... Traffic was still going byu in the other one. >_<) It was fairly big, considering it was a pride parade. I don't think I've ever seen so many pride flags in one place before. XD
I went back to the Square after the parade, where the festival was going on, to celebrate the last day of pride week until next year. Once again, there was alot more entertainment. Some of the same awesome drag queens performing, and also some new ones. Including, the ever-awesome, and ever-hilarious, B-Girlz! They were so energetic, and even included random watchers into the randomness. I ended up buying their DVD, and they autographed it for me. ^^
There was also a very, very talented lesbian singer from I think Hamilton. I don't remember her name though. I wish I would have had more money, 'cause I would have bought her CD. Most of her songs were really serious and touching, but she did have a totally random one, as well. It was about a random cat getting wet, and hot, and everything. "Hot pussy." or "Wet pussy." It was hilarious!
Aside from them, there was a very talented men's choir, and a very skilled bike stunt guy. He did some really amazing things, like standing on his handle bars while the bike was still moving. His father was gay, so it fit very well into the whole theme of the week!
Hehe, it was kinda funny. Once the day got started, nothing was going to stop it. In the middle of the afternoon, and the events, the gray clouds that had been looming overhead for the better portion of the day finally gave way, and it began to rain. Even a little thunder rumbled. So, how was that taken care of? Random guys decided to take their shirts off, and dance on stage until the rain had calmed down enough to bring out the next performer.
Throughout the course of the weekend, I took a camera and a half worth of pictures of everything that happened. Including seeing the pride flag hung proudly up infront of City Hall, next to the Canadian one. Also the random banner that hung downtown saying "Together We're Proud." The pictures did turn out pretty well, if I did say so myself.
Of course, and what's any kind of festival without some kind of souvenir? Well, since I still didn't manage to make myself broke, and spend all the money I got at the Bury party, I had to buy some random stuff. I bought a mini pride flag, a button-pin that says "Got Pride?", and a really nice necklace. It's a long chain, with a hollow heart on it, and a rainbow if rings going across it. I also picked up a pride flag for the boys, since Dustin told me he wanted something from it. It's displayed quite proudly in his room right now. Thus showing that one doesn't have to be gay to be proud, and have support for the GBLTQ community.
I headed back to Oshawa a couple days after Pride Week finished, to enjoying the random boredem that came with the rest of the summer, before school came upon us again to confine us like prisoners that we were for those four years. A little, dramatic? Possibly, but that's how it felt. ^_^;;
Anyway, I have to go for now!
Quote of the Moment: "Pride is not being afraid of who you are." --???

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home