Sunday, May 28, 2006

Anime North Was AWESOME!

Wow... I don't think I have had that much fun in... Ever! Yesterday at Anime North was just too great!

I got to go from early morning, Laura picked us up at 8:30am, until 11pm when she came to get me.

First thing I did after waiting an hour in line for registration was head to the dealer's room. Just as big and packed as last year. I ended up buying the Gravitation OVA (Finally!!) and adorable keychains of Edward and Mustang! Then I wandered aimlessly around artist alley until I decided to finally head over to the DoubleTree.

Wow... Good thing I got the basic layout of it memorized last year with Eric, or else I would have been totally lost. That is one confusing hotel. Until the moment I left, I couldn't find the section with the Windsor and Hamilton rooms. XD

Anyway, the first panel I went to was the second half of the crossplay panel. I for there just in time for the Drag King part. I has missed the hot gay guy show how to become a Drag Queen, but the woman was still awesome. She went through the basic make-up tips, like how make your skin look more blemished and how to thicken your eyebrows. Then what kind of clothes to wear to hide your figure, and how different accessories like vests can draw attention away from your boobs. And of course, we learned how to give yourself a realistic bulge... All you need is a condom and hair gel. XD

After that I wandered around the hotel, getting a look at all the awesome cosplayers, and seeind what was going on in each panel. Then I headed back to the Yaoi North just in time for the FMA Yaoi panel.

Once that started, some random group of people walked in, and I thought I recognized Erin. So, I asked the girl if she was, and she asked if I was Cell. Then we just stood up and randomly hugged. She introduced me to her group of friends; Cody a gay guy, Telly, and Selina. Well, and her parents. Hehe, she introduced me as Cell. XD

The panel was pretty fun... The panelists used Edward and Russel dolls to demonstrate the different positions and everything related with that pairing. Along with Roy, Edward, and Alphonse plushies. They also talked about the weirdest pairing any of us had heard of, and Mustang/Gluttony was by far the weirdest. o_O

After that, we just ended up walking around, getting pictures of random cosplayers, and hanging around in the Congress Centre. I didn't end up bringing a camera, but Erin said she'll send me some of them when she gets them on her computer.

Our little group once again made our way back to Yaoi North for the Favourite Pairings panel. Some random girl next to us was showing us all the clip she got of the Naruto and Sasuke cosplayers (Both guys) make out. They just ran at eachother and started going at it.

Once the panel for started, me and Erin were too busy staring at the hot pair of guys in the back corner to pay attention. Wondering if they'd make out for us. So, with Cody, Telly, Selina and the random girl behind us, Erin asked if they would. They did. We all started laughing and cheering, and almost got ourselves kicked out of the Yaoi North room. It was so worth it though... Erin and Selina got recorded on their cameras. They're gonna post it on youtube. ^^

I think from there we went out to eat. Erin made me go with the group to Swiss Chalet, which was, like everything else, very amusing. Me and Erin was talking about the hot guy at the table across from us, and I took and random photo of him for her, since I had the better view. Then some random waiter/magician guy came to our table. He did alot of pretty awesome tricks, if I do say so myself. Like his wallet catching on fire randomly, and making random things fall out of a rolled up $20 bill, and chewing on a toonie... O_o

I ran back to the dealer's room to spend the rest of my money before it closed, while everyone else waited outside in the grass for me, harassing random people. Apparently Erin's mom had to stop her from making out with some other girl. XD I ended up buying some FMA and Yugioh stickers (Some of them yaoi), a little Baku(ra) bookmark with his Monster World profile on it, a picture of Edward and Al hugging in the movie, and the 7th Gravitation graphic novel.

Ugh, since when do they ID you for Gravitation?! I almost couldn't buy it because I didn't have any proof I was 16. So, I asked some random family if they would buy it for me, and they did. ^^ Thank Kami. I can't wait to read it!

Anime Hell was up next after that. It turned out to be pretty... Disturbing. They showed random G.I. Joe commerical like things, with the G.I. people showing up everywhere.

Then there was the little 'Don't Talk to Strangers' thing, showing random situations. One of them this little boy started talking to this stranger grown man. They started hanging out more and more, until the adult took the kid for a private fishing trip... Hmm, I wonder what happened there? It ended with the kid reporting the guy to the cops, and the boy somehow getting probation for it. o_O Why he would end up getting punished for getting raped?! Damn Americans... (It was an American video.)

A Heino clip was next. Some random German singer who went from standing there like to total statue to dancing like a total nutcase. That was followed by an animated clip of a dog rapping.

And finally my favourite thing from Anime Hell... The German forklift safety video! It was showing one guy who just passed the forklift test, and him ending up basically breaking every forklift rule... Usually ending up without someone getting hurt. Like he lifted someone up in a forklift, and they fell. He left a kinfe on the top of the stuff he was lifting, and it fell, stabbing into some guys head. He didn't tighten the sheet of metal he was carrying, and when he had to stop, the metal flew off and sliced some random guy in half. Just random stuff like that.

We got bored after that, and went back to the Yaoi room once again for Living La Vida Yaoi. It was about what real life semes and ukes are, and how to be them in your real life.

It also revealed the best yaoi bait... Tim Horton's donuts! After Cody heard that, they showed a box of donuts, and he was determined to do a random act of yaoi for a donut. Sadly, Erin's mom stopped him, saying that he couldn't kiss another guy unless he had a condom over his tongue or plastic wrap over his mouth. XD

Oooh, the gay guy who was running the panel, his I'm assuming boyfriend came in, and just randomly started making out. Then, the boyfriend threw him down onto the table and started making out with him again. Cody got a few pictures of that. ^_~

They had to leave after that panel though, at 10:00. I just stayed in Yaoi North and watched the next panel. More like contest, actually. It was called Impossible Postions. People would try to pick out the worst yaoi position from a yaoi manga, and make random pairs of people act them out. It was awesome. XD Two guys were the winners!

It was 11 after that, so I went and met Laura and came home. I was totally exhausted, but is was sooo amazing! I have to go again next year! Erin and the crew are going again too, so it should be just as fun! Well, I think I'm gonna go read my Gravitation graphic novel! Ciao!

Quote of the Moment: "Therefore, never lift people on a forklift." -- A quote from the Anime Hell German safety video. XD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home